These were fabulous! I couldn’t find caramel cake mix, but I melted some caramels and added that to the batter. Everyone loved them. Will make them again.
They were a huge hit! The recipe was easy to follow and fun to make. The cupcakes so delicious! These decadent cupcakes will wow your friends (and they’re not hard to make!)
- 1 15.25-oz butter pecan (or caramel cake mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche, warmed (found in the baking aisle)
- 2 cups unsalted butter (softened but not melted)
- 1 13.4-oz can dulce de leche
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Leftover dulce de leche for topping (optional)
- Toffee bits for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, oil, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract and dulce de leche (if it is a little warmer, it will be easier to mix in).
- Visit Dulce De Leche Cupcakes @ sixsistersstuff.com for full recipe and instructions.